Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Post a Day in the Month of May

Look, it's a post! Since my frequency of posting lately has been at about the rate of the retun of Haley's Comet, I'm going to try to do better this month. The school year is almost done, so the dark and endless tunnel now has a light at the end of it- huzzah!- and I'm blinking my eyes and starting to think about the wide world again. Since my plan to produce deep, thought-provoking posts on a regular basis has, er, failed, I'm going to try to just spit out some randomness each day this month. If something strikes your fancy, please drop a comment! :-)

Thought of the day: It's amazing how much difference the amount of sleep I get corresponds to how well the succeeding days go. Especially with my students, if I'm well-rested, I have more patience and creativity in dealing with stuff. If I'm sleep-deprived... not so much. And it's quite remarkable that, knowing this full well, it's still really hard for me to get to bed early. 9 pm, and I think to myself, I'm not doing so bad... I'm good to go for another couple hours... then 5:30 am comes around and I remember anew how wrong I was. Sigh. :-)

No comments: