Sunday, January 16, 2011

5 Random Questions

I was reading a blog whose author does a fun little meme called "5 Question Fridays". There's a way to link up so that everyone's posts are linked back to the main one so you can read various people's answers, but I don't know how to do that bit of technical wizardry yet. Plus, I was busy on Friday and now I'm answering them on Sunday. But just for fun, here goes!

1) What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of?

Hm... pretty much none. I get tired of pretty much anything I watch too much, or listen to, or play... And the more meaningful and serious something is, the less I can stand to watch it, just because I feel it needs to be paid proper attention. So the more mindless and frivolous it is, the better to watch it repeatedly, especially when I'm grading paper and bored to death. :-) For that, I'd have to say that Across the Universe is awesome. Love story, the best Beatles covers ever, 1960s confusion, my favorite type of leading man (tall, thin, dark, handsome... just like a certain Husband of mine)... I love that movie.

2) What's your biggest pet peeve right now?

Now I'm remembering why I'm not very good at these question thingys. I am so indecisive about picking something. In fact, let's just go with that- my own indecisiveness is driving me crazy right now. We have some Major Life Decisions to make soon, and it's a special form of torture for me, because I go over and over the pros and cons so often that there's probably a groove in the surface of my brain. I need a Worry Room like Uncle Scrooge. But 'pet peeve' wouldn't be complete without referencing the 170 adolescents I spend most of my days with, and right now it's the fact that none of them seem to have a pencil most of the time. It's SCHOOL, people- a pencil should be an appendage of your body when you're at school!

3) If you had to describe your best friend in 5 words or less, what would you say?

My best friend is Husband. :-) "Just as quirky as me". We are such a good match!

4) If you did not have to worry about money, or go to school, what would you do for a living?

I would... (many minutes ellipsis here because there are so many possible answers!) live in Europe, teach English classes, homeschool my kids, and serve in a church there.

5) What is your one "splurge" item that you will always buy, regardless of the cost?

Well, as new acolytes of Dave Ramsey, I'm trying hard not to splurge on anything while we make like gazelles and be intense. And there are dozens of current items that may move from the 'necessity' category to the 'splurges' category as we continue to tighten the ol' belt. However, I will always subscribe to a few magazines, because there's pretty much no way I love to relax more than curling up with a new magazine. Time, Woman's Day, and Newsweek are my standbys.

Gee, that was harder than I thought. I better keep working on #2!

No comments: