Sunday, March 07, 2010

Things I Loved about my 30th Birthday

So, most people who know me know that I wasn't looking forward to today.... I have NOT wanted to turn 30 (and I've been kind of a pain to older people whining about it a lot- which I'm sorry for doing!) But the day came, as days tend to do, and I have to say that I had a completely wonderful day today. It was about as close to perfect as days come. Here are some of the things I'm thankful for on my 30th birthday:

-rain, glorious pouring rain, AND a gorgeous, bright, double rainbow this afternoon!
-breakfast with my dear friend Candace (whom I've missed muchly since our schedules have been completely opposite the last few months)
-a good and ahem, interesting morning at church (our pastor is doing a series on sex, and there were topics discussed which usually don't get discussed in church. But it was good that they were discussed!)
-lunch with more good friends (Josh & Liz, Gina, Deric & Jessica) and the aforementioned pouring rain
-a fabulous pedicure with more friends! (Stacy, Jessica, Nikki) It included massage and lotions and designs on toes and was completely relaxing.
-coffee with the pedicure bunch!
-a relaxing evening with Mum and Dad (Brad's parents) and Stacy, watching the Oscars and watching Madeleine be her usual charming self
-which brings me to all the moments I was able to spend today with my beautiful, cute-as-a-bug daughter!
-lovely cards and some birthday shopping money from family!
-phone calls from my family
-snuggles with my dear husband
-a warm bed, a dry house, and spring break only a week away
-lots and lots of daffodils!

What a perfect birthday! :-) This bodes well for the rest of my 30s. I hope it's filled with adventures!

No comments: