Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Grandma Parker

 

My Grandma Parker died on Friday. It was rather unexpected, and quick- a heart attack and she was gone. I had been waiting for a phone call with news of one of my grandparents' deaths for a long time now, but it still was hard to hear. I will remember her unwillingness to speak badly of anyone, her love of animals and nature, the way she would call me 'Mah-gret', her giggle when she heard something funny, and the way she would squeeze my hand when I sat next to her. I am picturing her in heaven now, seeing her Creator face to face and getting to revel in more spectacular scenery than Alaska's ever had. I love you Grandma! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Doug Parker said...

Margaret;

It was nice to read your words that you entered so soon after hearing of Grandma's death. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Love,
- Dad