Monday, January 15, 2007

Inspiring

I'm very proud of several of the men in my life right now. Sunday was the annual Phoenix marathon, and once again my parents came out so my dad could run. It was great to visit with them (I'm reminded of how much I miss them every time I'm with them!) and to cheer on my dad. Actually, I didn't get to see him finish the race, because I was over at the half-marathon fimish line, watching Brad finish!! I was so proud of him for doing the race, which has been a goal of his since this past summer. He got really sick for about a month in November and had to stop his training, so he'd pretty much decided to not do it. However, he was persuaded by his dad to walk it with him- yes, my father-in-law did the half marathon as well! And B got a bit more energy than he had thought, and ran for over half the race, finishing in 3 hours 6 minutes. Go, husband! My dad, meanwhile, racked up another time of 4 hours 6 minutes- amazing, for 26.2 miles. The under-four-hour mark continues to elude him, but all his finishes have been just over 4 hours. Considering that running for more than about 50 yards is enough to put a stitch in my side, I am amazed by my two dads and my husband! Go them! Right now I feel inspired enough to start training and do the half-marathon next year myself. We'll see how long that inspiration lasts though. ;-)

No comments: